The Hall has been fully rented by Elections Canada from Sept 1-20, 2021. They will be using it every day, weekends and holidays included. The Indoor Firearms range is closed until Sept 21st.
As the result of hall rentals the Indoor Firearms Range will be closed to all shooting from 7:00AM-4:00 PM on Mon, Tues, Wed, August 9th, 10th, 11th and Mon, Tues, Wed, August 16th, 17th & 18th
There will be extended Indoor Firearms Range closures sometime in September and October as Elections Canada will be booking the hall for 3 weeks or more. I am hoping to get a regular shooting schedule on the go by mid October and range officer training underway when the shooting schedule allows. Thanks for your patience and cooperation, the funds generated from these rentals are much needed by the club as our main fundraising events, the Banquet and Gun Show were cancelled last year due to Covid-19 orders.
As a result of recent orders by BC Public Health the attendance at the indoor range facility is now limited to two people at any time. This number (2) includes the Range Officer.
The indoor firearms range has re-opened for the use of club members only, no guests are allowed in the range at this time. Please read and follow the Protocols posted below on this page. There are no ongoing scheduled shooting sessions, members who are not range officers must coordinate shooting times with a current range officer who is willing to host a shoot. These arrangements should be made a day or two in advance. Do not come to the range unless you have a confirmed time.
Ron Stockerl has offered to help coordinate meeting times for range officers and shooters. He can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-250-551-5300. Email may be best.
Please check this page regularly for any updates.
PROTOCOL FOR USE OF INDOOR FIREARMS RANGE DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
“DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE SHOWING ANY SIGN OF SICKNESS, OR IF YOU HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH A KNOWN OR SUSPECTED CASE OF COVID-19, OR IF YOU HAVE BEEN OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY IN THE PAST 14 DAYS”
• Maximum of 2 users (changed Apr7/2021), including the range officer
• The range facilities are open for member use only, no guests permitted at this time.
• Masks and hand sanitizing fluid will be provided by the club. Hands are to be sanitized upon entry to the range and upon leaving.
• Masks are to be worn at all times in the range.
• Sign in with legible first & last name and phone number (in case later contact is necessary).
• No sharing of equipment.
• In order to schedule the number of participants it is necessary to contact a range officer in advance. No unscheduled drop-ins and no switching of participants during session. Social distancing must be maintained.
• The range officer will supervise the sanitizing of the range area after the session…fogging equipment will be used.
• The range must be vacated and sanitized before the next group enters the range allowing enough time for the fogging mist to dry.
We are hoping to have the indoor firearms in operation in a few weeks. The reopening schedule and requirements will be discussed at the directors meeting on Tuesday, November 3rd at 6:30 pm. Club members are welcome to attend.
When the range reopens there will be significant changes in the operating times and number of shooters allowed. These changes are necessary to create a Covid-19 protocol acceptable to the BC Health Authority. The range’s small space and lack of ventilation must be taken into account in the protocol. We are looking at various ways to create a safe environment including the purchase of a sanitizing fogging spray system. Face masks will be required and the cooperation of all range users is vital if we are to have a successful reopening.
Pursuant to BC Health Authority guidelines our indoor range is now closed to all activity until further notice.
As of today, Monday, March 16, 2020 the Monday evening shoot is cancelled until further notice.
Due to weather conditions no range officers are available for Wednesday January 8, 2020, as a result the shoot time is cancelled.